User category: Business
All too often local product search results are dominated by big box retailers. Given the number of smaller boutique type shops in and around Portland, helping small business owners understand how to upload their inventory and pricing information to Google for product search results would be very useful.
Description: Provide a screencast tutorial developed to instruct local business on how to upload and syndicate their inventory and pricing information to Google Product Search. Furthermore, instruct local business how to tie their uploaded inventory and pricing information to Google Places to geocode their locality of offerings.
1. Develop a clear, concise overview with voiceover that
lasts 3-5 minutes.
2. Document a straightforward process flow of uploading
inventory/pricing information into Google.
3. Document a straightforward process flow for associating
upload with Google Places and using their API for geocoded
syndication of inventory/pricing results.
4. Develop a clear and concise narrative associated with
the screencast (determine what we should say, and in what
order we should say it).
5. Develop and effective storyboard in associating the
words with the actions (combine the narrative with specific
6. Capture the screencast and voiceover for inclusion into the prototype.